PLCB announces sweepstakes for limited edition Pappy Van Winkle whiskeys
Notice to alcohol lovers. Here’s a chance to get your hands on hard-to-find whiskeys.
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has announced that it will hold a series of limited-release sweepstakes for 1,208 bottles of rare Pappy Van Winkle whiskeys.
The draws will take place in the following order:
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 23 Year Old 95 Proof, $399.99 each – 31 bottles for individual consumers, 10 bottles for licensees
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 15 Year Old 107 Proof, $149.99 each – 59 bottles for individual consumers, 19 bottles for licensees
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 20 Year Old 90 Proof, $249.99 each – 70 bottles for individual consumers, 23 bottles for licensees
- Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Straight Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 Proof, $89.99 each – 211 bottles for individual consumers, 70 bottles for licensees
- Van Winkle Special Reserve Straight Bourbon 12 Year Old 90 Proof, $99.99 each – 537 bottles for individual consumers, 178 bottles for licensees
Consumers and licensees must have an account on FWGS.com to participate. Purchases are limited to one bottle per participant. Separate draws will be conducted for each of these whiskeys, and lottery participants can choose to enter one, several or all of the draws. Entrants who win the right to purchase a bottle in a draw will be removed from subsequent lottery draws.
These whiskeys are produced by Pappy Van Winkle’s grandson using recipes dating back four generations and are considered some of the most sought after in the world. Because these bourbons are aged for at least 10 years, annual production numbers cannot meet current demand for these products, according to a press release from the PLCB. Wine Passionate magazine and the World Spirits Championship gave the 20-year-old bourbon a score of 99 out of 100.